Monday, June 10, 2024

Day 9 (June 3): Vik to Reykjavik

The new day dawned dry - though still windy. Tired, and tired of the wind, we decided to head straight for Reykjavik 

Deep green hills in Vik:

It felt like we were going through a lot of shoe leather. I guess we were! Pokemon gave me an all-time high - 75 km (which is more like 75 miles in practice) for the week. 

A little further down the coast: Dyrhólaey View

And a bit further - another dramatic waterfall! Skógafoss. And another spot where we got an amazing view while making lunch. 

Meg thinks I need a "I brake for puffins" bumper sticker after I hit the brakes to stop to see this puffin:

And then the big city. A very pretty waterfront:

I wish all cities had campgrounds as nice as the the Reykjavík Eco Campsite. We were on the tent side with plenty of grass and only a few campers. The kitchen/gathering place was spacious and pleasant with lovely indoor cooking/washing up facilities. 


A bonus was the small but delicious ice cream shop less than a block away, SKÚBB Ice Cream. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment