Saturday, March 20, 2010

Big City

We visited the National Museum today. If you're interested, take a peek at their website: http://www.npm.gov.tw/en/home.htm . You might enjoy it than I did. The museum was mobbed with throngs of tour groups, and after dutifully following Meg around the museum, I was more than ready to head outside to the garden of perfected benevolence to wander the trails and feed the fish. Vending machines sold packets of fish food pellets for 10NT, about 30 cents. The carp, shown at right, massed to get the food. It was very odd to see fish poking up into the air.

The other highlight of the museum was a visit to the tea house on the roof. It was an oasis of peace and quiet. We shared a pot of kumquat tea plus several orders of dim sum: steamed buns with beef, seafood dumplings, sticky rice with mushrooms and lotus seeds, and whole wheat with nut buns. It was all really yummy, but it's a different way to eat. Bites. The tea cups held about a tablespoon at a time, and the dim sum was small when split four ways. And yet it was enough.

Later we walked over to the flower market, which is like a farmer's market for plants and flowers. On the way, we had to cross several large streets. I love watching the cars, taxis, bicycles and scooters pile up at the stop light then surge forward. We saw this guy from an overpass.


I took several amusing videos today, but I can't figure out how to post them. Anyone want to email me instructions?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Toby, when I do videos I upload them to youtube and then put the url for that in the blog post. I think you can upload video to blogger, but I either never figured it out or didn't like their interface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! When you're in your screen writing your post, there is an "add video" button up with the other editing buttons (add link, etc). If your video is saved to your computer you just search for the file. I'm not sure what the Blogger video will look like compared to pasting in a YouTube url. Worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The instructions agree with you, Aimee. They claim that there will be a button to add videos. But I don't have that button. I can add images, but not video, apparently. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, maybe it's because you're in a different country - though I don't know why that would make a difference. When I go to my blog and create a new post, I can see the video button.
    You could create a youtube account and try that route instead. It takes awhile to load though - now that you're moving on you may not have a place where you want to sit and load videos for 20 minutes! I'm sure we'll get to see them eventually. =)

    ReplyDelete